It’s Simply Not Logical
If it tends to be much easier to take steps and make choices to prevent disease, why does medicine only begin once a disease has already developed? Perhaps people are not educated on how to prevent disease? Perhaps some are avoiding the knowledge, because the general idea of prevention comes along with being conscious of the choices we make and, maybe, that makes people uncomfortable?
Photo by CDC on Unsplash
A Healthy Endocannabinoid System = Prevention?
As with anything, the foundation is everything, and that is what the endocannabinoid system essentially is. There are more of these cannabinoid (CB) receptors spread across the body than there are any other types of receptors. CB receptors are reactive to an excess or lack of activity within areas and systems of the body; they facilitate communication across the body, therefore creating harmony and homeostasis at a cellular level. The endocannabinoid system and its cannabinoids are the body’s regulators. Having a functioning ECS is vital to preventing disease, as nothing in the body is going to work properly without cannabinoids.
Top 7 Diseases People Die from Across the World
Besides promoting general wellness such as helping with quality of sleep, mood regulation, and easing general pain, the science continues to show us that cannabinoids are capable of much more than general wellness (although, general wellness is key to disease prevention). Cannabinoid receptors are everywhere, so they can heal everywhere. Cannabinoids prevent oxidative stress, suppress cytokines, protect the brain, balance the gut microbiome, and keep cellular health in balance and at homeostasis. They also regulate anti-inflammatory activity, cell cycles, and immune functions. Inflammation accelerates heart disease, dementia, diabetic effects, inflamed GI tracts and more. Generally, more inflammation means more destruction and additional disorder in the body, but cannabinoids can help suppress and control this destruction.
The proof is in the pudding. Having an efficiently running endocannabinoid system prevents all 7 of the top 7 diseases people around the world die from.
The list is as follows:
1. Ischemic heart disease (coronary artery disease)—because cannabinoids are really helpful in controlling blood pressure and inflammation, they can be very helpful here. Additionally, inflammation accelerates heart disease.
2. Stroke—Cannabinoids can assist in healing brain damage after a stroke by boosting brain function. They can also help the brain’s blood flow during a stroke.
3. Lower respiratory infections—CB2 receptors can aid in respiratory infections. Additionally, unlike opioids, they can ease pain without decreasing respiratory functions.
4. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease—Cannabinoids help open bronchial passages and promote lung function while reducing inflammation.
5. Trachea/bronchus/lung cancers—Cannabinoids prevent oxidative damage and maintain health at a cellular level.
6. Diabetes—It is an inflammatory condition. Additionally, inflammation increases diabetic effects. Further, there is new research that cannabinoids might even be helpful concerning blood sugar and insulin levels.
7. Alzheimer’s and other dementias—inflammation accelerates dementia. Additionally, cannabinoids protect against neurodegenerative diseases.
A medicine that can refuel the endocannabinoid system, activate the CB receptors, and decrease the risk of contracting every one of these diseases? Well, that would be revolutionary—I guess that’s why the government has a patent on it.
Photo by Ocean Biggshott on Unsplash
Is There a Conspiracy Preventing the People from Using Hemp to Stop Disease?
While fully advocating for and with great gratitude to Western Medicine, doctors, chemotherapy, vaccines, and even some pharmaceutical medications, all of which are amazing and literally lifesaving—the public should be aware that with the legalization of hemp, pharmaceutical companies are already losing millions. New Frontier Data (2017) estimated that pharmaceutical companies are set to lose $4.9 billion in revenue from prescription medication with legalization. We aren’t even talking about preventative medicine YET. Therefore, I think it’s fair to guess that there are people (with their minds on their money) who are not excited about the new discoveries concerning hemp and the endocannabinoid system.
Besides, we are fully aware of the very true conspiracies against hemp that have deceived the public and hid the medicinal properties of hemp in the past.
Why I Will Take CBD for the Rest of My Life
Ultimately, this is why I will take CBD for the rest of my life. If I am paying for healthcare, I am also going to pay for disease prevention, because while we do have doctors, surgeries, and some amazing medicine, I would rather not get sick in the first place. I think cannabinoids are going to be a big helper for me, along with exercise, stress reduction, and general happiness—all of which are made possible by the body’s endocannabinoids!
Photo by Bret Kavanaugh on Unsplash
An Article By Evie Louise
Evie Louise is a recent psychology graduate from New York University. She is a certified in International Cannabinoid Clinical Therapy. Evie sees all forms of the cannabis sativa plant as the future of psychiatry, and hopes to use it in her therapy practice as a full spectrum approach to mental health and wellness.